Upgrading from any XOOPS (2.0.7 to 18.104.22.168)
(using the full package)
- 1.Unpack the archive to your LOCAL computer (e.g. PC) in a temporary directory.
- 2.Move the "upgrade" folder inside the "htdocs" folder on your LOCAL computer (it's been kept separate as it's not needed for full installs)
- 3.Delete htdocs/mainfile.php, htdocs/install/, htdocs/cache/, htdocs/template_c/, htdocs/themes/, htdocs/uploads/, and htdocs/modules/system from the "htdocs" folder on your LOCAL computer * if you have created XOOPS_TRUST_PATH folder on your server, copy the content of /xoops_lib to that directory, and delete /xoops_lib from the "htdocs" folder on your LOCAL computer
- 4.Upload the content of the htdocs folder on your LOCAL computer over your existing files on your server
- 5.Delete the following folders and files from your server (they belong to an old version): - class/smarty/core - class/smarty/plugins/resource.db.php
- 6.Ensure the server can write to mainfile.php (permission 0777 on Linux)
- 7.If you have Protector previously installed, open the "mainfile.php" file , and remove the Pre-check and Post-check lines (if they exist): include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php' ; include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/postcheck.inc.php' ;
- 8.For security considerations, you are encouraged to move directories xoops_lib (for XOOPS libraries) and xoops_data (for XOOPS data) out of document root, or even change the folder names.
- 9.Make the directory of xoops_data/ writable; Create and make the directories of xoops_data/caches/, xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache/, xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache/ and xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/ writable.
- 10.Access /upgrade/ with a browser, and follow the instructions
- 11.Write-protect mainfile.php again (permission 0444 on Linux)
- 12.Delete the "upgrade" folder from your server
- 13.Update the "system" module from the modules administration interface, other modules are recommended to update as well